In the context of the Diversity@Work project several resources were developed, with the aim of provinding more tools to foster the work of the EU Diversity Charters.
These resources are collected into the Charter Implementation Toolkit.
- One 1h30m long online learning course on Diversity and Inclusion (D&I)
- Two face-to-face session plans (half day and full day plan)
- One facilitator guide
- Tools to monitor and assess the impact of your training activities
- Tools to assess and monitor D&I within organisations
- Ideas to celebrate and promote awareness on D&I (including how to celebrate Diversity Month)
- Guidelines on how to evolve into a more inclusive workplace
The online learning course on Diversity and Inclusion aims to help you develop your understanding of the processes behind discrimination, to build on your knowledge and skills and thus support you on your journey to become more inclusive and influence the culture of your organisation in the same way.
Most of the times, we do not aim to discriminate, and most of what is behind our behaviours is not easy to perceive in a conscious way. With this course, we intend to make these processes conscious and thus reduce their influence on the decisions we make every day.
The course is lodged into the Aga Khan Foundation Blended Learning platform, and can be accessed bellow.
– Reflect about the Diversity and Inclusion values underlying the European Diversity Charters
– Promote understanding of the basic concepts of the Charter: diversity, inclusion, stereotypes, prejudice, unconscious bias, micro-messages and the discrimination chain
– Promote the development of diversity and inclusion practices and policies inside organizations
How to navigate through this course?
- Start by answering our entry quiz. It is a short questionnaire with multiple choice questions that will get you started! It does not aim to evaluate; it is just to get you in the mood 🙂
- Watch the Introduction videos to understand better our learning goals
- Watch the video lessons one at a time. For each you will find a final quiz and optional additional materials and resources (“materials” folder) that you can use to deepen your knowledge and reinforce your learnings. Take your time! You can do it at your own pace.
- The final module (6) will leave you the main tips and advice to continue your journey!
- You can go back and watch all videos as many times as you wish! If you have questions, you can ask them to your local facilitator that can clarify them.
We hope this course allows you to start or continue your journey to become more inclusive. The more we know, the more we realise we need to keep learning.
We wish you a wonderful journey!
The course is free of charge, but we will only make it available for professionals that aim to use it with a group of people from one or several organisations. It is in English, but also available with subtitles in Portuguese, Estonian and Polish. Audiodescription will also be available soon.
If you wish to be a facilitator and start your own class to take this course, we also provide a facilitator guide with guidelines to use the platform and a session plan for the face-to-face session. Contact us using the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course was developed by the Diversity@Work project, co-foudend by the European Commission.
The content of this blended learning course represents the views of the authors only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.